Last Updated: November 1, 2019
StatusNow provides services, content and functionality (collectively “Services”) through its mobile application (“App”) and through its website at StatusNowapp.com (including all subsidiary webpages and access to any optimized version of the Site via a wireless device) (“Site”). The Services facilitate the communication of a user’s schedule and status to select member(s) of the user’s StatusNow network through the use of mobile devices or computers.
How We Collect, Use and Share Information
Personally Identifiable Information
In order to use the Services, you need to share certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) such as your name and contact information with us. We use and share your PII to help us operate and provide the Services and to further improve, customize, support and market our Services and to respond to your inquiries and requests. This includes verifying account information and investigating suspicious activity, providing customer support, and developing and testing new features.
Account Information. To become a member, you will need to register and create an account. As part of this process, you will provide us with your name, email address and mobile phone number. You may also provide your office address, home address, or other location and status information. StatusNow will not provide your name, existence as a StatusNow Member, your phone number(s), email or address to anyone who you do not designate as, or invite to be, a member of your StatusNow network. Other members who have designated you as a member of their StatusNow network may see your member status.
Calendar and Address Book Access. In order for the Services to operate, you will also provide us access to your calendar and your contacts or address book (names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and associated profile photos in your address book) on your mobile device on a regular basis. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such information to allow us to provide Services to you and your designated contacts.
Third Party Providers. We may disclose your PII to third party providers engaged by StatusNow to help provide and manage our Services, provide advertising and marketing services, fulfill your orders, process payments or fulfill other requests. For example, if you are purchasing additional Services, our third party payment processors will receive credit card information as may be further described in any terms of sale and any referenced policies of such third party processors. In general, we require our third party service providers to restrict their use of such PII received through our Services to the intended purposes.
Third Party Connected Services. If you use third party services that are integrated with our Services, such service providers may receive information about what you share with them. For example, if you use a data backup service integrated with our Services (such as iCloud or Google Drive), such provider will receive information about what you share with them. If you interact with a third-party service linked through our Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. When you use third-party services, the terms and privacy policies of such providers will govern your use of those services.
No Sale of Information for Direct Marketing. StatusNow will not sell or rent any PII collected through the Services to third parties for their direct marketing or other purposes.
Other Uses or Disclosures.
In the future, we may collect and use approximated or real-time location information, such as GPS location, from devices you use to access the Services. We will provide you with notice and an opportunity to consent before we access and collect your real-time location information, and, depending on your device manufacturer, you may have the ability to revoke this consent at any time.
While using our Services, you may choose to block or disable cookies from your device using your browser settings or options. However, this may impact your user experience and parts of the Services may not work for you. You cannot remove or block web beacons as they form part of the content of the web pages; however because they work in conjunction with cookies, turning off cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your user activity on our Services. The beacon can still account for an anonymous visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.
All non-personal information collected through the Services may be used and shared by us without any restriction.
Do Not Track Disclosure
The Services do not monitor for or behave differently if your computer transmits a “do not track” or similar beacon or message.
When you access or use the Services using a mobile device, tablet or desktop device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device that uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may consist of data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you use the Services. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to enhance your navigation of the Services. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Use of certain service-type information
We may use information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, web beacons and other tools to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information to you or others; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of the Services; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys.
Your Choices; Managing your Information
The Services do not function without the use of your PII and the PII of your contacts. If you do not want us to collect PII from you, you should not register as a member and should not use the Services. If you choose to register as a member and would like to manage, change, limit or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Settings. At any time, you may change your contact information, preferences, password or billing information in the settings.
- Terminating your Member Account. You may terminate your StatusNow member account at any time by submitting your request to info@StatusNowapp.com. When you do this, any undelivered messages will not be sent. We will retain, manage and delete your account information in accordance with our data retention policy. Note that if you remove the App from your device without terminating your Member account, your Member account will remain active. Please remember that when you delete your Member account, it does not affect the information previously collected through use of the Services or the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of StatusNow requests or status notices sent to them on your behalf.
- Mailing Lists. If you subscribe to receive updates and information from us by completing a form or submitting a request, we may send you e-mails about a variety of topics including promotional offers from StatusNow regarding our Services or products or services of other companies. In such cases, the contact information you provide to us may be shared externally to enable third party agents to send e-mails to you on our behalf, or may be shared in anonymous, aggregated form for generalized user analysis. At any time, you may choose to unsubscribe from such mailing lists. To do so, please either follow the links or instructions on the bottom of such communication or e-mail or send us a message at info@StatusNowapp.com with your full name and e-mail address and a request to unsubscribe. Note that if you unsubscribe from such mailings, you will continue to receive operational e-mails as necessary for your continued use of your Services (for example: notices about account management, password reset, status requests, etc.) for as long as you are a member or a member sends you requests.SecurityStatusNow has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally-identifiable information from loss and misuse. Despite these precautions, StatusNow cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personally-identifiable information.Transborder Hosting and Transfer of Information
Personally-identifiable information collected through the Services may be transferred from time to time to StatusNow offices or personnel, or to our third party service providers or partners located throughout the world, and the Services may be viewed and hosted by StatusNow or its providers anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have the same data protection laws as those in your country of residence. By using the Services and registering such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such transborder transfer and hosting of such information. StatusNow and its servers and technology supporting the Services are located in the United States. Information collected through the Services is processed, transmitted and stored in the United States. If you submit any personal information through the Services or our website (for example, if you provide your email address in order to request materials or information) you understand that you are voluntarily consenting to the transmission of such information to a company in the United States and your information will be stored and processed in the United States. You acknowledge and consent to such collection, process, transmission and storage of your information in the United States.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We retain your information (i) as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for you to remain registered with the Services and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and (ii) for a commercially reasonable time thereafter as necessary for backup, archival, fraud prevention or detection, or audit purposes, or as otherwise required by law. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. If you close your account with the Services, all personal information we hold about you (except to the extent it resides in back-up files) will be erased. We may maintain anonymized and aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. Please note that some or all of the information we collect may be required for the Services to function properly.
California Privacy Notice
California Civil Code § 1798.83 provides certain rights to California residents, including the right to request information from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, regarding the business’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for marketing purposes by such third parties during the immediately preceding year. To request such information pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at info@StatusNowapp.com.
Children’s Online Privacy
The Services are not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and StatusNow will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under this age. If you think we have received or collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 through the Services, please contact us at info@StatusNowapp.com.
EU Privacy Rights
If you are a person based in the European Union you have the following legal rights in respect of your personal data:
- The right to require us to confirm whether or not your personal data is being processed, the purpose of any such processing, the recipients of any personal data that has been disclosed, the period for which your personal data is to be stored and whether any automated decision-making processes are used in relation to your personal data.
- The right to require us to rectify inaccurate personal data without undue delay.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data. Subject to certain conditions, we may be required to erase your personal data in response to such request where:
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, such as where you choose to terminate your use of our Services;
- where the processing of the personal data is based on your consent, if you withdraw your consent; or
- where you object to the processing of your personal data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing of your personal data.
- The right to restrict us from processing your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of that personal data is disputed or an objection has been raised (see below). In such circumstances, we will only process that personal data with your express consent, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
- The right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data by us where:
- we have relied on the ‘legitimate interest’ basis for processing that personal data, in which case we will immediately stop processing your personal data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms; or
- the personal data is used for direct marketing purposes, in which case we will immediately stop processing your personal data for such purposes.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of the EU member state where you reside.
The above legal rights are subject to various conditions and exceptions including where the personal data is used for statistical or scientific research purposes and to the extent the cessation of processing or deletion of your personal data may prevent or seriously impair the use of the data for those purposes.